Gout is a metabolic disorder, which can lead to joint inflammation and it can cause swelling and stiffness. The experts warn that in severe cases, it can lead to awful pain and swelling that develops in just few hours. The main reason for its appearance is the uric acid overload and the main reason for uric acid overload is the inefficient waste elimination or excessive creation. This acid is usually created in the process of decomposing of purines. And purines are chemicals which occur naturally in the human body and they are also found in many different foods. When the kidneys are not able to eliminate the uric acid from the human body, crystal formations are formed and deposited around the joints.
Ladies and gentlemen, you shouldn’t be worried, because there are many ways and things you can do to remove the uric acid and to improve your health condition.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meat, seafood; whole and unprocessed grains.
- Lower the consumption of processed sugars, such as high fructose corn syrup, foods high in saturated fats, and alcohol.
- You should drink lots of water! Water keeps our body hydrated and it helps in the detox process. Water also helps in regulating and flushing the overload of the uric acid.
- Drink natural juices without any added sugar; fruit infused water and herbal teas with some honey in it!
- Reduce the stress levels by doing some new physical routines or activities, jogging, or something else. For example, you can hike in the mountains, or enjoy any other form of natural landscape and a wonderful environment for meditation and relaxation.
- Best Remedies to Fight Gout:
- Baking soda can be an effective prophylaxis candidate for the reduction of uric acid in the human body. Here’s what you need to do – add ½ teaspoon of baking soda in one glass of water and drink it every day. If you are experiencing current gout attack, then you should take 1 teaspoon of baking soda with glass of water.
- Lemon water – when the pH value in your body is more alkaline than acidic, your organism is able to prevent numerous health conditions, including this one. It’s very simple – squeeze ½ lemon into 8 oz of warm water and drink it on empty stomach every morning. It will increase the alkalinity in your body and it will prevent uric acid crystal formation.
- ACV also increases the alkalinity in your body. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with malic acid, which is extremely effective in the disintegration of uric acid, and it’s also very useful in flushing the uric acid from the body. How to use it – add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 8 oz of water. You must drink this mixture every day, before every meal.
Best Foods To Fight Gout
- A group of researchers, at the University Hospital of Zurich in Switzerland, have revealed that the extract of Devil’s Claw had measurable anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fifteen flavonoids were found to reduce uric acid in the body through various mechanisms, two of which are kaempferol and quercetin and found in parsley. It also contains apigenin which inhibits the xanthine oxidase enzyme thought to be the authority over converting purines into uric acid.
- Flaxseed reduced the serum uric acid of subjects during a laboratory test at the Federal Fluminense University.
- Curcumin, found in Turmeric, was proven to play a major role in renal protection and demonstrated effective anti-inflammatory actions.
- Bromelain has powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, which can help you with this problem.
- Cherries, berries, and grapes contain proanthocyanidins and anthocyanidins, or polyphenols, which were found to be effective anti-inflammatories by the Lanzhou Medical College.